Quincy Country Club Aquatics
Hours of Operation/Weather Related Topics
- The pool will be open every day from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (pool hours may change when Quincy Public Schools are in session for the school year). Thursdays the pool will remain open until 11:00 pm if members are present.
- The pool may be closed at the discretion of the Club Manager, Aquatics Director, and/or lifeguard during inclement weather that is forecasted to last the entire day.
- The lifeguards may suspend swimming during periods of heavy rain, fog, and/or when electrical storms are in the area. The minimum waiting period is thirty (30) minutes for thunder and/or lightning.
- Non-employees are not permitted in the lifeguard office/pool house, storage rooms, cabana, lifeguard stands, or behind the check-in desk
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies. Parents or guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children.
Proper Swim Attire & Health Awareness
- Proper swimming attire is required to enter the pool. Cut-off shorts are not allowed. All swimmers should shower prior to entering the pool.
- No one who is ill, has recently been injured, or has an open sore or skin disease may go in the pool.
- Children wearing diapers are required to wear swim diapers when they are in the pool. The cabana has swim diapers available for purchase.
- All accidents and diaper problems (no matter how minor) must be reported to the lifeguard on duty and/or Aquatics Director.
Pool Usage Policies, Procedures & Tests
- All members must register daily along with their guests upon entering the pool area.
- The Guest fee for the use of the swimming pool is five dollars ($5.00) per day. Guests are limited to eight (8) visits per year, regardless of which member brings them. Records will be maintained.
- All children under ten (10) years of age must be supervised by a competent person (16 years or older) at all times. Children 10 through 12 may swim unaccompanied by an adult provided they have passed the pool’s Swimming and Pool Rules & Regulations Tests. An emergency phone number will be provided to the Aquatics Director. The swimming test will consist of the following:
- Swim one lap (two lengths) without standing or stopping
- Swim under water
- Tread water for 2 minutes in the diving well
- Jump into the diving well and swim to the ladder.
- Take and pass (80% or above) a written test over the Pool Rules & Regulations and swim test administered by the Aquatics Director.
- Babysitters for children under twelve (12) shall not be considered guests when present in lieu of a parent, and they will not be subject to guest fees. The Aquatics Director shall be informed if a babysitter will be used on a routine basis.
- Outside food is not allowed and will be enforced. Food and Drinks provided by the Club are allowed in the pool area provided they are non-glass. Glass containers of any kind are not permitted in the pool area. Please throw your trash away. All users of the pool area must deposit their trash in the receptacles provided for this purpose.
- The following toys are allowed in or around the pool area on the following days and times:
- Oversized floats (will be allowed every Friday after 5:00 pm)
- Water guns, Super Soakers, and Squirt Toys (will be allowed every Wednesday)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and hover-boards (should be locked up by the Tennis Courts)
- The Aquatics Director has the authority to revoke these privileges if a member or guest’s personal conduct becomes inappropriate due to these toys
Adult Lap Swim
- Adult Lap Swim is from 12:00 – 1:00 pm and 6:00 – 7:00 pm daily.
- If there are no adults present, the area will be open to all swimmers.
- During Adult Lap Swim, swimming is not permitted in any lap lane by children 17 or under without permission from the Aquatics Director or Head Swim Coach.
Private Swimming Parties
- All arrangements for private swimming parties should be scheduled with the Club Manager.
- The Club Manager should be given the number of guests so appropriate lifeguard coverage can be scheduled.
- Generally, the pool will not be closed for private parties unless authorized by the Club Manager for exceptional circumstances.
- There is an extra fee and staff charges for any party held after regular pool hours.
- Personal conduct within the pool area must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. Running, rough play, and personal conduct endangering the safety of self and/or others are prohibited.
- Splashing and spraying others with the fountains or squirt guns will not be allowed.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the swimming facility is not permitted.
- No dunking or hanging on the pool shot (basketball hoop)
- No shoving, pushing, or pulling others into the pool at any time
Wading & Diving Board Rules
- The wading area is mainly for babies and very small children. No running in this area, please.
- No one may sit or play on the flat fountain area or the therapy seat wall.
Diving & Diving Board Rules
- Diving in water less than 6 feet deep is not permitted.
- No more than one person is allowed on the diving board at any time. Wait until the swimmer is out of the way before you go off.
- Swimmers should only bounce one time while on the diving board.
- No sitting or hanging on the diving board.
- The diving well is strictly for diving board use only.